Portland SEO Seminar – Content Marketing
As a leading search engine optimization expert we are constantly having to outline and develop content marketing strategies for small and medium-sized businesses. Our clients consider us a Portland SEO Expert and content marketing falls into our trade. We are staunch on the benefits of content marketing. Creating valuable content for prospects has been tested time and time again and proven to take business to the next level.
There are a few things that small and medium-sized businesses need to keep in mind. When developing content strategy blogging and curating posts on your website is no simple task. It is widely held belief that this kind of Internet marketing strategy is simple and easy. Take advice from a Portland SEO Company, it takes time.. And effort.
We know from experience that not all small and medium-sized business owners have the endurance to last the long race of content marketing. Neovora works with full-time writers and content strategists. We are a Portland SEO Expert that has staff writers working on projects now! Sure it cost money to have these employees cranking out content around-the-clock, but there is return on investment.
Content Marketing Advice From A Portland SEO
Let’s discuss some of the reasons why business owners a fail to succeed in their content marketing. But first, who are we and why should you read this? We are Portland SEO pros! This is our job and we test, and rank websites in all industries. We don’t expect you to take our word for it, implement on your own!
First we need to address the commonly held belief systems that exist about content marketing. The way it works is this: Entrepreneurs and business owners believe that they develop their business and gain prospects, leads, and clients through simply blogging and posting on their site. A local Portland SEO campaign usually goes like this:
- Create, outline, and develop killer content. Make awesome posts and spend lots of time to make it visually appealing. Lots of times, business owners will get caught up in the visual aesthetics of a post
- Use the Internet and social media to build links and spread your post. Then build links and spread the article around the web hoping that it ranks in the top of the SERPs. (This is usually where people seek an SEO company in Portland)
- People and prospects come across the post, consume the content, and purchase products or your services.
How To Advance Your Lead Generation Strategy | Portland SEO
This belief system is highly flawed as step three rarely happens, and when it does it’s at a minuscule percentage. Conversion may be around 2% at best.
The truth is that winning content marketers repeat steps one and two over and over and over again. When benefits are not immediately felt from developing content, this often dissuades business owners from continuing a long-lasting strategy.
When business owners realize that they will not convert a large percent of their first time traffic, and accept it as fact, they will thrive. The goal is to build familiarity. You want to hope that these Internet prospects remember the experience they had on your website.
You are able to do this through quality content built over a long period of time. Let’s discuss the underlying reasoning underneath content marketing.
When a business develops content for Internet publication, they should strategize building a path through their website, eventually leading them to a call to action page, such as their contact page. In developing content marketing plans, a business must address the needs and wants of their target market. In addressing these needs, content will be created that will be found through every day Google searches. When businesses seek search engine optimization in Portland, this is their objective.
These search results draws prospects to your pages that speak directly to their needs and wants, framing your business as an expert in the industry. Providing good content does not mean selling any particular good or service, but it does mean educating and explaining the options that are available to a prospect in need.
Portland SEO Seminar- Content Marketing
Portland SEO Seminar in Content Marketing
Take Our Advice: Portland SEO Consultant
The reasons that businesses fail in content marketing are the following:
- Creating and sustaining a solid content marketing strategy is not easy. It takes time and effort, things that entrepreneurs may be unwilling to spend on writing blog posts. On the other hand, more perfectionist business owners might dedicate too much time to creating blog posts that are visually appealing or do not stay on-point. At a certain point the ROI for any blog post must be considered. In this case in investment will be your time and effort that might be better allocated elsewhere.
- Business owners fail to realize the underlining assumption of content marketing. Which is that confidence must be built over a long period of time. Often times after a month or two of blog writing, all efforts will cease because no leads have been generated. This is a big mistake because usually the leads and clients are just starting to become tuned in to your content
- Failing to take into consideration all important aspects of search engine optimization. This means on page components, meta-data. Your content likely will not to go viral, so you must take an dedicated steps to get your page on the top of the search engine results page.
- When business owners failed to correctly calculate the rate of conversion. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that a prospect’s conversion might take 10 or more visits. Over these ten visits the prospect is learning about your company, the services you offer, and building trust. Don’t discount that.
The way to remedy this, is to stay in it to win it. Outline a content marketing strategy that will span a year or more. Now ideally you want your strategy to go forever, but at the one year mark you can rearrange your strategy, take insights, and redevelop your plan.
Another ideal thing for your business is to register with the Portland Chamber of Commerce.
Set a goal for yourself as far as content writing. How many posts will you build per month? How many are you able to build yourself? How many up will you be able to outsource? Will you need to hire a writer? Looking for a freelancer in Portland SEO jobs and classifieds is a good starting point!
When we work with clients we are able to help them strategize their content marketing. The best content comes from their own office, but when they are unable or unwilling to do so, we either develop the content in house or find industry experts that we’ll develop it for them.
This all costs time and money.. But the results are fruitful.
Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to visit the other posts in our Portland SEO Services series. The first blog was about Local Portland Client Lifetime Value and the recent one was on Content Marketing. Check back soon!